Table of Contents
Add-to-cart rate is an important metric that shows how many percent of customers add at least one product to the cart each time they visit your site. In your e-commerce business, the number of times your products are added to the cart can provide you with many insights in terms of digital marketing. Following the reporting of this and analyzing the data you have obtained gives you important clues about the success of your business, the success of your marketing efforts and the optimization of your site. To give an example, if more add-to-cart actions are taken in a week with the same marketing budget compared to previous weeks, this shows that the right products are shown to your visitors and the success of your product selection.
Likewise, the low add-to-cart rate may indicate a software problem that will cause the potential customer to abandon their cart during the order, or the purchase process taking longer than necessary. Again, by analyzing this metric, you can see which products are in the abandoned carts, and you can push the products that have been added to a large number of baskets but whose orders have not been completed, by remarketing. For such reasons, following your add-to-cart rates will return profit to your business through the right marketing efforts.
What Is the Importance of Tracking E-commerce Add-to-Cart Metric?
One of the important metrics to see if your business and marketing efforts are doing well is add-to-cart. By analyzing this metric, you can get useful information that can increase your business reliability and sales in many different areas such as your pricing policy, product selection, checkout process. That's why it's important to follow the add-to-cart metric. So how can this metric help you?
1) By monitoring the add-to-cart metric, you can see the shoppig cart abandonment rate and analyze why your customers or potential customers abandon their carts, at what stage they leave, in which product this situation occurs the most, and you can make improvements accordingly.
2) By seeing which products are added to the basket the most, you can carry out remarketing studies for these products and increase your purchase rate in this way. By using e-mail marketing and display name, you can push these products in front of potential sellers and help them realize the desirable act.
3) By tracking the Add-to-cart metric, you can see which products have been added to the cart more, and you can examine the prominent aspects of these products. Is the product description more understandable than your other products, or whether it is the pricing that attracts the attention of customers, by understanding such issues, you can see the deficiencies in your remaining products and in this way, you can reach more conversion rates.
4) If your products have a very high add-to-cart rate, but the purchase rate is low, you may consider improving your checkout process because there is a high probability that there is a bottleneck at this point. Maybe you are requesting too much information from your potential customers and that's why you are experiencing a failed purchase or you may be having a software problem at this stage and this is causing an abandoned cart situation. With the right analysis of the add-to-cart metric, you can prevent or solve such problems.
5) By following this metric, it is possible to understand how well your marketing strategies are working. The increase in your add-to-cart rate in a specific week compared to previous weeks can show you that the marketing efforts you made that week are correct, or you may think that you have made an improvement for this purpose, but there has been no increase in the numbers, which may again tell you that you need to take different actions. Tracking e-commerce add-to-cart metric can make great contributions to improving your marketing efforts and measuring their success.
How To Get eCommerce Add To Cart Metric Report In Google Analytics?
We talked about the importance of the add-to-cart metric in measuring the performance of your e-commerce business. So, how can you find out how many people have added which products to their cart, and how many people have left your website without purchasing the products? There are ways to do this manually for those familiar with things like coding and software, but this process may not appeal to everyone. An easier option is to get an add-to-cart metric report via Google Analytics.
However, it may not be easy to reach the data as you want with Google Analytics and analyze them. Although it is possible to see your add-to-cart metric reports with Google Analytics, which is daunting because it is not designed for the use of someone who does not know digital marketing, it is not very useful. Although third-party plug-in applications have emerged to increase ease of use, these applications may also threaten your computer and business data in terms of security.
As a result, what will you do if you are left alone with Google Analytics' complex interface and non-beginner-frinedly content? The easiest thing to do at this point is to switch to heybooster! Why would you go into another quest when there is heybooster, an application that offers the simplest and fastest reports you want and saves you from spending too much time and being burned out with reports that are difficult to understand?
How Tracking eCommerce Add To Cart Metric Helps To Increase Your Revenue?
Don't you want to turn people who add products to their cart on your website into real purchasers? So, is it possible to do this using the add-to-cart metric? Yeah! We've talked before about the importance of tracking this metric, and in fact, it's all about increasing your revenue or preventing you from spending unnecessary money on pointless marketing strategies. As always, when we do something for our e-commerce business, our ultimate goal is to increase conversion rate and accompany customers towards the loyalty stage of funnel with the right strategies. At this point, we know that not every visitor to our site or adding a product to their cart will be a paying customer, but why should we undermine this potential by not taking advantage of the add-to-cart metrics we have obtained?
Every improvement you make on the website of your e-commerce business, every add-to-cart metric adjustment you will use will ultimately increase your business revenue. Tracking the add-to-cart metric can show you which areas of your website need improvement. These improvements can be streamlining the checkout process, adding a FAQ section to answer customers' questions or establishing a chatbot communication, optimizing product content, or reviewing pricing policy. Each step can help you increase your revenue. The important thing is to follow the add-to-cart metrics, analyze the reports you get and apply the right marketing strategies. In the remainder, both your conversion rate and revenue will increase.
How To Get eCommerce Add To Cart Metric Report In heybooster?
1) To choose heybooster as your companion to make everything easy for you, the first thing you need to do is register!
2) Secondly, connect data sources and heybooster by clicking on the Integrations title from the menu on the left.
3) Then click on the Reports title from the left menu and run the Weekly Product Performance package from the page that opens.
4) Select the Weekly Add To Cart option from the package
5) And that's it! Now you can instantly access the data you want with heybooster and take the necessary steps!